Blizzard Is Watching RIFT Forums

Posted by Daeity On Friday, February 25, 2011

Dramatic title used to get your attention.

I thought some of you might find this a little interesting. It's really no big deal, but it's just one of those funny things that people always _suspect_ but can never prove it to be true. =]

I saw a lot of visitor hits coming from the RIFT Forums and Blizzard, so I figured I would check it out.
So yeah, they're watching the RIFT Forums from their company network on company time. I'm sure Trion is seeing a ton of hits from Blizzard's Irvine office (and their other remote offices), but it's not like they would ever share that information publicly.

Considering that most of their GMs and Customer Support staff are outsourced overseas, and based on the system specs of this one example - he appears to work in the graphics/cinematics department.

I mean, you all know this happens.. businesses watching other businesses. But, some people like to see the evidence for themselves. Hopefully people won't use this information and blow it out of proportion though (e.g. "Blizzard is running scared!"). I'm pretty confident they're not worried at all. =]