Quick Site Update & Something from the Ubisoft Archives

Posted by Daeity On Saturday, March 3, 2012

Some of you have requested a post about the ME3 ending, even though I had thrown away the older one. I'll see what I can do. I don't know if it will be up today or not, but I do know that it will be titled "The Death and Return of Shepard."

I'm also preparing something on the latest WOW Annual Pass/Beta Access surprise. Apparently, though, I already wrote a post about it. :) I had no idea. This kind of thing happens to me ALL the time though. Unfortunately, it's as though I always have to be on the defensive when it comes to lies and slander.

Speaking of lies, I have something to share. Here's a pitch video from the old Ubisoft days for any fans of Prince of Persia here. As certain followers are aware, I'm a massive fan of the Prince of Persia games and used to talk about them all the time, but I think you'll appreciate this history. This was going to be called "Prince of Persia Redemption" but never made it much farther than the concept video. What you see was pre-rendered, staged and scripted. But still, it was entirely technically possible given the opportunity. Keen eyes may even recognize art assets that have been repurposed in other games and even some to come!



But you know, this video's got to be fake right? I make up this stuff all the time apparently and it's just another hoax video.

Despite the harassment and ridicule, I keep pushing forwards. I even shared this video link with some writers from Joystiq and Kotaku, but you've probably noticed that they just tend to steal content and claim as their own. They never even mention who directed them to the content. Supererogatory can be like that too despite everything I've given him.

Much of my knowledge about Blizzard layoffs and employment difficulties, for example, are stolen by a particular Kotaku employee who regulary follows the blog. It's disappointing that he only credits himself in these "discoveries".

And with that in mind, although there have been many pockets of Blizzard Entertainment layoffs over the past several months (many of which are customer support positions), one of the major "Blizzard 600" layoff dates has been confirmed to be scheduled for 04/28/2012 (which is a Saturday). Basically, Friday will the last day for most (Friday's are always a good time to do it.. less likely chance of "situations" since it's the weekend.) There is one group of 45, and another group of 155. So that's a total of 200 that are being laid off at the Irvine HQ office. Official notices have been sent.