Just kill Rick already..

Posted by Dave On Thursday, August 4, 2011

Transferred from paxdora.blogspot.com [LINK]
Original Post Date: 7/25/11

This is Rick. He's the creepy guy who has had the permanent "I'm going to kill you in your sleep" look all season.


This is just one of many things that bothers me about Falling Skies.

He keeps going on and on about how he likes the aliens better, how they're his real parents, how cool they are, how much he wants to return to them, and how he doesn't give a rat's ass about humans.

In Episode 7, he finally reveals that he thinks he's an alien. I really appreciated the dramatic "shocking reveal" music when he said this too, like it hasn't been plainly obvious this entire time and that the story hasn't been leading up to this point all along.

I hate it when writers do this.. now there will be an annoying story where his sudden but inevitable betrayal puts the survivors in jeopardy.

Now that his dad is out of the way, all of this can finally happen.. talk about your contrived situations. The other cliche that pisses me off is how everyone is keeping really important secrets to themselves.

When my world is being destroyed by aliens and I discover their weaknesses, I definitely won't share that information with anyone.

And why is it taking them so long to dissect an alien when they've had plenty of bodies since the beginning? Those skitters better not be converted humans or genetically engineered soldiers.. that will really piss me off.

What ever happened to good story telling?

Professor Tom says at the end of the episode, "Next time I'll trust my instincts." Rick keeps telling everyone how he hates them and wants to kill them.. your instincts and judge of character are poor to say the least.

Well at least now, I hope the writers can get rid of the creepy kid.