No, it wasn't an April Fools joke.

Posted by Daeity On Monday, April 3, 2017

Much has changed within the past five years leading a better level of comfort, I guess you'd say.

For example, the public is much more aware now of the type of internet harassment and intimidation that takes place. And, there are more laws slowly appearing to protect internet users from cyber-bullying. Back when I started, death threats and attacks against female bloggers weren't well known of at all, and the term "misogyny" just started to go mainstream. So at least now it's a known and public issue, making it more difficult for aggressors.

So, what's all happened in the past five years?

  • A handsome rogue leaked confidential NSA information, verifying what most rational thinkers in the world already knew.
  • We were all supposed to die of Ebola according to main stream media.
  • We were all supposed to die of the Zika Virus according to main stream media.
  • The Diablo 3 Real Money Auction House failed.
  • Blizzard pulled off the best Legion marketing stunt ever when they turned the Olympic pools green.
  • Various game developers successfully hyped extremely disappointing games. The gaming media agreed that they would never be fooled again.
  • Project Titan was cancelled, and scavenged to create a successful TF2 clone competitor.
  • All of the big names have left Blizzard.
A little bit about me during the past five years:

I've been doing consulting work with AAA developers and publishers, helping them sky-rocket their wealth. And, I've launched three very successful titles that I designed. Occasionally, I have some free time on my hands, and decided to fire up the old blog. I haven't decided what to write about yet, if I write anything at all, but I thought some old readers would at least appreciate the nostalgia.

If I do write about something, I will try to make it original content. I dislike re-posted garbage, and opinions on trending news items. I can't talk specifics due to non-disclosures, but I may enjoy writing about the gaming industry from a general development or finance side.

I love the work of indie developers, so I can definitely provide some useful advice and strategies that they're currently not aware of. I may even review some indie games who don't know how to market themselves.

Who knows.

I'll try this out with comments disabled. It'll be better if people can't send "messages" to me directly. I've gone back and cleaned up the blog, removed irrelevant posts (e.g. exploits and gold making that no longer apply), and tried to focus it some more. Unfortunately, it looks like some old imgur links have died but I can't do much about that.